BUYER’S TERMS AND CONDITIONS (ALL CHARGES INCLUDE VAT)
If you have any questions beyond the offered description and images, prior to placing any bids, please contact us for a more in-depth report (applicable only to Lots with a low estimate in excess of £50) Otherwise lots will be sold as seen in the images.
Please note: Fine Wine and Spirit Sales : Due to the various ages of bottles and their seals, condition of the liquid is at the buyer's discretion and no claim can be lodged against failure/leakage in transit or otherwise spoilage of contents.
- Premium: The buyer’s premium is 30% per lot (there shall be an additional commission for online bidding), which shall be payable in addition to the hammer price.
- Methods for bidding: online, room bidding, telephone and commission bids (which must be received before auction day). Viewing in the room 10.00 AM - 7.00 PM Thursday and Friday before the auction.
- Lot condition: Care is taken to ensure that descriptions as to authorship, attribution, origin, date, age, provenance and condition are reliable and accurate, but all such descriptions are statements of opinion and are not to be taken as statements or representations of fact. No allowance whatsoever will be made for errors in description, authenticity or quality. Purchasers must satisfy themselves as to the conditions of a Lot prior to the sale and check any information themselves.
- Condition Reports: Requests for condition reports should be received before 17.00hrs on the day prior to the sale, reports are not available on Lots with a low estimate of £50 or less.
- Estimates: provided to help buyers gauge the likely value of the Lot, but they are not definitive. As we prepare the catalogue sometime in advance of the Sale, they may be altered by announcement prior to the Sale.
- Young’s reserves the right in forming their opinion to consult and rely upon any expert or authority reasonably considered by them to be reliable.
- Viewings: When buyers are unable to view before the auction (and time allowing) we are able to give a verbal opinion on items but these are for guidance only and we accept no responsibility for their accuracy. We therefore strongly recommend your personal viewing of the item(s).
- Commission Bids: You can leave a commission bid with us indicating the maximum amount to be bid excluding buyer’s premium. In the event of two identical commission bids, Young’s will accept the first bid received. Commission bids must be with us by 11.00 PM the day BEFORE the sale.
- Phone Bidding: There are a limited number of telephone lines available. A telephone bidder must expect to bid at the low estimate. Arrangements for this service must be made at least 24 hours in advance of the sale.
- The highest accepted bidder shall be the purchaser. Any bidder acting for any person who is not bidding shall be jointly and severally liable with that person for satisfaction of all obligations and liabilities hereunder.
- Should any dispute arise between two or more bidders, or between the Auctioneers and any bidder, the Lot or Lots in dispute shall be put up again or not at the discretion of the Auctioneers and their decision shall be final.
- The ownership of the Lot purchased shall not pass to the buyer until he/she has made payment in full to Young’s Auctions. Young’s only accept payment by Bank Transfer, Debit Card (on the collection, not remotely), cash or cheque (cheques must be drawn on a UK bank and items will not be released until cheque payment has cleared). There is a charge for receiving money from abroad - for payments up to £100, there is a £2.50 charge and for payments over £100 there is a £7 charge.
- The Auctioneers reserve the right to sell in such order and manner as they shall decide and to withdraw any Lot at any time.
- No Lot or Lots shall be removed from the Auction premises until paid for and a receipt obtained. Each Lot shall immediately at the fall of the hammer be considered as delivered and remain in every respect at the absolute risk of the Purchaser thereof and shall be removed at the Purchaser’s expense after the Sale. A storage charge of £3.60 per Lot per day will be applied should the item(s) remain uncollected (commencing the first Friday following the auction).
- Mechanical Lots – No warranty or guarantee is given that these are in working order.
- PACKING AND SHIPPING SERVICE AVAILABLE TO UK ONLY, international buyers must arrange their own packing and shipping.
Young’s offer postage on certain items (subject to size and packing requirements). We operate a four tier handling fee (£10, £15, £20, £25 + Postage + VAT) and the applied rate will be determined by Young’s. Shipping is at the buyer's risk. We are not professional packers. We try our best to pack items to ensure safe delivery and these will be sent by Royal Mail 1st and 2nd Signed For, Special Delivery or Parcelforce. The dispatch process will be administered as swiftly as possible but please be patient as we have numerous requests after each auction. Please note that we cannot offer postage of weapons, paintings or very fragile items, or postage internationally. For these items you can contact local couriers. If a buyer wishes to use a courier of their choice, a mutually convenient date/time will need to be agreed and any packaging requirements will attract a charge (see handling fees above).
Packing and shipping service available to UK only, international buyers must arrange their own packing and shipping.
We do not send fragile or bulky items.
- Every person whilst on the premises shall be deemed to be there at his or her own risk and with notice of the conditions of the premises or to the method of arranging the furniture and no person shall have or make any claim against the seller or the Auctioneer in respect of any accident which may happen.
- If any purchaser shall neglect or fail to comply with the above conditions within 28 days of the auction, the Lot or Lots will be placed in a future auction without reserve, with the buyer becoming the vendor and all Young’s Terms and Conditions will now apply.
- Should any buyer make purchases totalling €10,000 (Sterling equivalent) or more per annum, they are required to provide identification details i.e. driving licence/passport to comply with Anti-Money Laundering Legislation.
- The Auctioneer’s to be the sole arbitrators in any matter of dispute and their decision shall be final.
Young’s auctions offer an on-line bidding service via www.easyLiveAuction.com. Complete the bidding registration procedure on www.easyLiveAuction.com and provide your credit card details.
Young's also offers an alternative on-line bidding service via thesaleroom.com. Complete the bidding registration procedure on thesaleroom.com.com and provide your credit card details.
- Confirm that you are authorised to provide these credit card details to Young’s Auctions through www.easyLiveAuction.com and agree that Young’s Auctions are entitled to ship the goods to the card holder’s name and address provided in fulfilment of the sale. Please note that any Lots purchased via easyLiveAuction.com live auction service will be subject to an additional 3.6% (inc. VAT) commission charge or a £3 Flat Fee. For a timed auction, lots purchased will be subject to an additional fee of 3.6% (inc. VAT), the Flat Fee option is not available.
- Young’s only accept payment by Bank Transfer, Debit Card (on collection, not remotely) cash or cheque (cheques must be drawn on a UK bank and items will not be released until cheque payment has cleared). There is a charge for receiving money from abroad - for payments up to £100, there is a £2.50 charge and for payments over £100 there is a £7 charge.
- The responsibility for the collection of successful bids rests with the buyer and items should be collected by Friday following the sale. Please ring to discuss arrangements (payment and delivery/collection) of the lots won. Collection is by appointment only but please ensure you contact us to arrange a mutually agreeable date/time. Any lots that remain unpaid for and uncollected by 5.00 p.m. on the Friday following the sale will incur a £3.60 (inc. VAT) storage charge per lot per day. N.B. Failure to collect items that have been paid for will also incur these charges.
- if any purchaser shall neglect or fail to comply with the above conditions, or pays for items won but fails to collect them within 28 days of the auction, the Lot or Lots will be placed in a future auction without reserve, with the buyer becoming the vendor and all Young’s Terms and Conditions will now apply.
- Re. postage see 16 above.
I had the greatest pleasure dealing with the Auctioneer Christopher Young, of Young’s Auctions, over the New Year Period 2016. My daughter had discovered that Young’s Auctions had potentially sold a signed print of a Welch artist that I have been trying to obtain for years. In the vain hope that it might not have sold I contacted Christopher Young. Almost immediately I received the good news, at least for me, that it had not sold and Christopher said he’d contact the seller. Within days I had the print in my hands and it is magnificent. Christopher reacquired the print, established the cost, transportation etc., with lightening speed and professionalism and friendliness that I thought had evaporated from our society. I will certainly keep an eye on this Auction House as it will replace the indifference I have typically encounter in other Auction House in the London area.